Alternate Headline: Wait. I thought this was America?
Alternate Headline: Race to the Bottom
Alternate Headline: WE ARE ALL CALIFORNIANS NOW!
Here is what the new California
gun control civilian disarmament bill looks like:
- Possession of hollow point bullets and similar assault bullets a felony.
- Must register and report ammo purchases. Only purchase max 500 rounds.
- 10 round magazine limit
- ALL magazines must be fixed to the gun (can not be removed without the use of a tool)
- 100% prohibition of all magazines greater than 10 rounds. All previous grandfathered magazines become illegal. Felony if you keep one.
- Changing definition of shotgun revolving cylinder — Basically only single shot shotguns will remain legal.
- Bullet Buttons will become illegal — All AR and AK style rifles that are currently equipped with them will be designated Assault Weapons. Felony to possess.
- All gun owners now must be licensed like drivers.
- All gun owners must carry gun liability insurance
There will also be annual certifications that must be achieved…. and of course paid for.
Also here are a few YouTube videos of the press conference for your viewing pleasure. These clowns actually had the stones to in one breath say that they support the second amendment and then in the next put forth this pile of dung.
- Mayor Lee http://youtu.be/c6PZ-rrkXsI
- Police Chief Magnus & Police Chief James http://youtu.be/P1fhw_OcdPM
- Mayor Villaraigosa http://youtu.be/hPR3604i7bc
- Senator Hancock http://youtu.be/CQSbDGhj2i8
- General Intro/Outro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPjkLTtJ8qE
Ok… now for a little commentary…
First off, this is a prime example that our ruling class politicians believe that the Bill of Rights is not a guarantee… they feel that it is a privilege that they can revoke/modify/limit whenever they get the whim. Even if you are not a gun owner or a gun owner who is passionate about gun rights, this should scare the hell out of you. Go read those provisions again and substitute the words “Free Speech” or “right to vote” for gun and see how it reads. Our politicians have let the mask slip… once again proving that they believe that we are their subjects.
“Assault Bullets”? Are you freaking out of your mind? That serves no purpose other than to sensationalize the situation. And I guaran-damn-tee you that the cops will still be packing “assault bullets” in their mags every single day. So whats the justification for that? Who exactly are they going to be assaulting? Oh, I am sure it will be because “they need them to protect themselves” – some animals are more equal than others. BTW… all you hunters out there do realize that only FMJs also applies to you too. Are you all fully on board with the RKBA movement now?
BTW – there will also be a “fee” placed on buying ammo.
No removable mags? Sorry, my Glocks just dont have that feature… as do just about no other semi-auto (and countless bolt action hunting rifles) on the planet. This is a clear and deliberate attempt to usurp the Bill of Rights, and it should be viewed as the treasonous act that it is. “Can not be removed without the use of a tool”… but bullet buttons are illegal? I guess some tools are more equal than others too! My bold prediction… you are gonna see 10 shot revolvers at SHOT Show next year.
10 round mags? Well, thank you all mighty, ruling class politicians for letting us have such a generous amount of ammo in our guns… for now. No, its not the 7 rounds like some other states are going after, but this is once again politicians believing that they grant us our rights, and that they can proportion them out as they see fit. 10 rounds for now…
7 5 2 rounds aint too far off!
Changing the definition of shotgun cylinder? So when you can’t make the law fit the gun you want to ban, you just change the literal definition of what the gun is and what it does to make it fit the law? This is outrageous!
All gun owners now must be licensed like drivers…. And all gun owners must carry gun liability insurance? Illegal, and repulsive. Once again, substitute the words “Free Speech” or “right to vote” for gun and see how it reads.
If you havent figured it out by now… the states are where this battle will be fought… we will win or lose our constitution based how how the courts see these new laws that are being rushed through these liberal bastions of stupid. We must take the fight to them at the state level. Dont just sit there and say, “well thank God I dont live in California or New York or what ever”… cause as goes these states, so goes the Constitution… WE ARE ALL CALIFORNIANS NOW!